Thursday, July 12, 2012

Update...UPDATE.....Update

I'm the worst blogger ever. It would benefit me and my potential invisible readers that I not ever make another promise to stay committed to this thing. However, now that I am a housewife with nothing at all to do in my life besides cook, clean and do whatever my husband desires of me....I need a hobby. A real hobby. Living in Texas now, (at least for another month then to Vegas baby!!!) I have gotten accustomed to staying inside avoiding this terrible heat that I am not used to. Recently, temperatures across the United States have been very weird no matter where...sign of the times? I think so, but still that may be many many years from now. OK, here is the update. Last time I blogged I informed you guys that Clint and I got married on March 16, 2012! Since then, I moved to Texas to be with him as he completes tech school. The move was interesting from the start. I had my transportation planned to the T and was ready to go 2 days before my departing date........before my family backed out on me! Can you believe that?!?!? No problem for me, I left a day early. Left North Carolina on a Thursday afternoon car packed full of clothes, necessities and my Tinka (4 lb teacup Chihuahua). We drove to Georgia on day 1 and stayed the night with a college friend, who also recently got married to her love on June 30, 2012. We had a great evening catching up on things and had hibachi...my fav food after seafood. Day 2....I left my friend's apartment into the great unknown for the rest of my trip. PLenty of time to think of my future and have my last moments to myself before being fully devoted to my husband and our future family. I made it to Louisiana where I stayed overnight at a really nice hotel that was pet friendly. Not so friendly was the pet fee. Why did it cost more for Tinka to stay the night than me? I paid $50 or so dollars for the night and she cost $70! However, the night was really relaxing and we enjoyed a big king sized bed together until 6:30 the next morning. I didn't do any driving at night, but since this would be the day I see my husband after a month of being married with nothing but FaceTime to feel close to him, I got on the road as the sun was coming up. Driving into Texas was relieving. I couldn't believe I was actually doing this drive alone and was almost done. Nothing but the grace of God and anxiety helped me. I can honestly say that I did not get sleepy or tired one second of the drive. I paced myself and had plenty of stops to rest and let Ms. Tinka potty. It was a great trip. So I made it here on April 22, 2012. Moved into our apartment even though it wouldn't be until 4th of July weekend that my hubby would be able to move. We spent weekdays before class and weekends together. As long as I was here and could see him everday I was good. Now I can't get rid of him. I love him though and can't wait to see our life continue to unfold together. I will be starting a new blog on the 2nd phase of our life, trying to conceive our first child. If interested, go ahead and head that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment